Cover for the Self-Employed

Medical Recovery Insurance for the Self-Employed

If you work for yourself, being unable to work for a period of time could severely impact your finances. Should you ever require an operation, MyRecoveryCheque will pay you a cash benefit based on the normal recovery time of your operation.

MyRecoveryCheque is an insurance policy that provides you with a cash injection just when you might need it most. Should you need an operation or a medical procedure that requires a period of recuperation to get you back on your feet, it is likely that you will encounter all sorts of additional expenses that, in the normal course of family life, are almost impossible to budget for.

You might suffer from:

Reduced income

Statutory sick (SSP) pay is currently £87.55 per week

Low wage earners may not even get SSP

The self-employed don’t usually qualify for any state help

Additional expenses

Travel & parking pre and post treatment, especially if you need specialised treatment not catered for in your local health area

Increased childcare costs or home help

Prolonged drug treatment

Additional physiotherapy not covered by state or private insurance.

MyRecoveryCheque doesn’t dictate how you spend your money, you might decide that a well-earned family holiday is the best way to recuperate – with MyRecoveryCheque you decide how best to use your benefit

Coverage for Occupational Injuries

In addition to covering operations and medical procedures  which are not directly related to employment, occupational injuries such as fractured wrists arising from a fall, hernia repairs, shoulder muscle repairs and lacerations of longer than 5cms are covered  according to their normal recovery times to light manual  work.

How MyRecoveryCheque compares to Income Protection Insurance

Income protection schemes rarely cover short-term absences and where they do, the cost can be substantial.  MyRecoveryCheque gives peace of mind by providing cover for employees for absences from a few days to a few months at an affordable premium.

Should you prefer, plans can be purchased by your company for selected employees with no minimum number of employees by visiting our company page.

Who Can Apply for Medical Recovery Insurance?

You can apply for a policy if you are between the ages of 18 and 65 and are resident in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or Channel Islands for more than 180 days a year.

You can cover just yourself or include your partner. To give you extra peace of mind, your children under the age of 18 can also be included once they are 1 year old and the policy benefits can be used to help meet your costs should they require treatment covered by this plan.

You can select one of four levels of cover to suit your pocket, the higher the level that you choose the more you will receive.